Other Recipes You Might Like!
Bowtie Pasta with Sweet Mini Peppers, Broccoli & Sausage
- 1 pound of bowtie pasta
- Pinch of salt
- 4 ounces of sweet Italian sausage with casings removed
- 3 tablespoons of freshly minced garlic: about 9 cloves
- 1 cup of roasted sweet mini peppers sliced & with skin removed
- ½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds of broccoli florets, cut broccoli florets into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup of chicken or vegetable prepared consommé
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of freshly grated Romano cheese or parmesan cheese
In a large pot boil about 4 quarts of water and about a tablespoon of salt. Add pasta and cook according to the directions for al dente. When the pasta has cooked, drain the water and return the pasta to the pot, drizzle with a little olive oil, stir and cover.
Meanwhile, brown the sausage in a non stick skillet for about 5 minutes over medium heat. While you’re cooking use a spoon or spatula to break the sausage into small pieces. Once sausage is browned, add the garlic, roasted mini sweet peppers, ½ teaspoon of salt, red pepper flakes and some fresh cracked pepper. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes and make sure you continue stirring. Increase heat to high and add ½ cup of prepared consommé and broccoli.
Cover and cook for about 2 minutes then uncover, continue cooking & stirring while the water evaporates and the broccoli has finished cooking. Taking care not to overcook the broccoli, add the broccoli mixture and cheese to pasta and toss. Drizzle with a touch of olive oil and serve.
Mama Bon says: Shrimp is exceptional in this dish as well. Try it instead of sausage! Buen Apetito!