Other Recipes You Might Like!
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced jalapenos
- 4 small eggplants, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Vegetable oil
- Chopped fresh mint or cilantro leaves
Make a paste by smashing the garlic with a little salt and add to a small bowl. Whisk in the vinegar, soy, sesame oil, and jalapenos, and then add sliced grape tomatoes.
Heat grill to high. Brush eggplant with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until slightly charred and just cooked through. Slice each half into 1/2-inch slices and place on a platter. Drizzle with the vinegar and grape tomato dressing and sprinkle with mint or cilantro.
Mama Bon says: The secret is in the grilling—grill just until slightly charred and just cooked through for the best tasting eggplant. Buen Apetito