Other Recipes You Might Like!
“La Roca’s” Cream of Squash Soup
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter: ½ stick
- ¾ cup minced white onions
- 2 cups of diced zucchini or grey squash
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 5 celery stalks diced
- ½ cup of diced broccoli
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 4 cups of prepared chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro or fresh mint
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat butter in a large sauce pan over low heat until foaming. Add onions and cook until softened. Add broth and continue to cook until it starts to simmer. Add the zucchini, carrots, broccoli & parsley to broth and continue cooking on medium to low heat until vegetables are tender. Puree the soup mixture in a blender until smooth. Return the pureed soup mixture to a saucepan and simmer as you stir in the cream. Season with salt & pepper and serve. Garnish bowls with chopped fresh cilantro or fresh mint.
Mama Bon says: Garnish bowls with chopped fresh cilantro or fresh mint to bring out the flavors. Buen Apetito