Other Recipes You Might Like!
La Roca’s Sweet Mini Pepper & Spicy Chicken Brochettes
Serves 8 -10
- Spicy Marinade for Chicken:
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice from one orange, seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons high heat vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 2 jalapenos minced, remove stems & seeds
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons l fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
Puree all of the above ingredients in a food processor or blender. Generously coat the chicken pieces on all sides, cover chicken and refrigerate for about 2-4 hours.
4 ½ lbs of chicken breasts cut into pieces, about 1 ½” in size
For the Brochettes:
- Marinated Chicken
- 10 bamboo skewers or
- 24-30 Sweet mini peppers, red, yellow, & orange cut in half, remove stems &
- seeds if any
- 3 jalapenos cut in thirds, remove seeds & stem
- 1 large red onion cut into ¾ wedges and separate
- 1 fresh pineapple cleaned & cut into cubes, you can use canned if fresh is not available
- Season with salt & pepper before grilling
Thread chicken, onion, peppers, jalapenos and pineapple onto skewers. Alternate the ingredients so that you create a colorful brochette. Jalapenos are hot, if you don’t want to add them that’s ok but they grill up nicely and add a kick.
Grill brochettes on med-high heat for about 7 minutes and turn over. Continue grilling for about another 8 minutes until chicken temperature registers 160 degrees. Remove from grill and serve.
Mama Bon says: These are best hot off the grill. Buen Apetito