Other Recipes You Might Like!
Oven Roasted Eggplant
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves coarsely chopped with 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ cup of fresh basil leaves packed tightly
- 2 medium eggplant, trim ends & cut into ¼” round slices
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
Put the first five ingredients in a blender and half of the fresh basil. Reserve ¼ cup of the sauce.
Use the remaining sauce to coat the eggplant slices, making sure all sides are well coated. Place slices on a roasting pan making sure they are spread out evenly. Place pan in the lower part of the oven. Broil for 8 minutes then turn over and broil 7 more minutes. Serve individually or on a platter and drizzle with the remaining ¼ cup of sauce, chopped fresh basil and roasted pine nuts.
Mama Bon says: The sauce with the fresh basil and roasted pine nuts makes this appetizer one your guests will never forget! Buen Apetito