Other Recipes You Might Like!
Shrimp & Mini Sweet Pepper Escabeche
- 2 ½ lbs small shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 lb of Wilson’s sweet mini peppers cut in strips
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 2 medium red onion cut in thin strips
- ¾ cup olive oil (don’t use light)
- 6 tbls white wine vinegar
- 1 small can pickled jalapeno strips, use as many as you like
- 1 Bay leaf
- Sea Salt, fresh cracked pepper & dry oregano to taste
In a pan heat olive oil on low heat (do not let it overheat) and add garlic, onions. Once onions are slightly cooked add vinegar, salt, pepper & herbs, stir well. Next add shrimp and continue stirring while the shrimp cooks. Add jalapenos & mini peppers to pan. Cook the shrimp until it begins to turn pink, but be careful not to overcook the shrimp. Take the pan off the stove and transfer everything into a glass Pyrex dish. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dish sit out. Do not refrigerate. Over the next three days let the shrimp escabeche rest, stir daily and re-cover with plastic wrap. Serve on the fourth day. It is best served at room temp and can be served with crackers or tortilla chips.